Mooring winches secure the shipboard end of mooring lines, provide for adjustment of the mooring line length and compensate for changes in draft and tide. General requirements for shipboard mooring winches are dealt within ISO Standards 3730 and 7825.
Winches can be categorised by their control type (automatic or manual tensioning), drive type (steam, hydraulic or electric), by the number of drums associated with each drive, by the type of drums (split, undivided) and by their brake type and brake application (band, disc, mechanical screw, spring applied).
- Automatic tension mooring winch, self-tension winch - Winches designed to heave-in automatically whenever the line tension falls below a certain pre-set value. Likewise, they pay out if the line tension exceeds a pre-set value. The use of the self-tension winches is not recommended except for mooring deployed at 90° to the ship axis.
- Manual tension mooring winch - Manual winch always requires a person to handle the controls for heaving or rendering.
- Non-split drum mooring winch - The undivided drum winches are commonly found on smaller ships. It is often difficult to spool and stow the wire on such a drum satisfactorily; when wires are handled directly off the drum, the final turns of the outer layer when under tension tend to bite into the lower layer. This could result in possible wire damage and difficulties when releasing the line. To reduce this problem, the winch with non-split drum should be placed at a sufficient distance from the fairlead to ensure that the wire can be properly spooled.
- Split drum mooring winch - A winch with a drum divided by a notched flange into a tension section and a line storage section.Technical Parameters Genernal Arrangement
Specification and the name
Anchor chain diameter
Nominal anchor unmooring speed
Packing & Shipping
Our company provides professional packaging and transportation for the products.
With years of experience, the OUCO Marine Group has its own designing team and manufacturing factory, excellent European management who has 47 years of experience on offshore business, which also provides after sales services overseas.
Our production line covers marine and offshore knuckle boom crane, telescopic crane, stiff boom crane, non-standard steel structure, more environmental-friendly operations and also truck crane with the range from 15t to 150t.Port industry which includes cranes, hoppers and grabs.
OUCO Machinery can build any type of handling equipment, according to our own design, but also according to provided designs.
We build products according to any certification requested by the client and are able to build them for working in, and under extreme heavy circumstances for working tempertures of - 40C accordingly.
Our company has modern production factory and experienced production workers.Modern operation technology and strict supervision system guarantee the quality of products.
Once Cooperation Be Friends Forever
Our company participates in various exhibitions every year and presents our products to partners and customers around the world.
We have our own factory and welcome friends from all over the world to visit us.Once Cooperation Be Friends Forever.
1. Q:Can this type work in hazardous environment?
A:Sure! We can customize for you, acid proof or explosion proof, no problem for that.
2. Q:Can you provide the serious lifting tools?
A:Sure, we can provide any lift tools such as lift sling belt, lift clamp, grab, magnet or other specials as your requirement!
3. Q:How can we install the crane?
A:Our senior engineer can be your side to do the installation guide service and training. Moreover, our best sales can visit your country.
4. Q:Safety device
A:Overload limiter, Limit Switch (lifting and traveling), Interlock protection device.